Teeth Whitening – Evanston, IL
The Safe, Reliable Way to Brighten Your Smile
There are many options for whitening your teeth, and each has advantages and disadvantages. Over-the-counter products can be somewhat effective for some but are not nearly as long-lasting as their marketing tactics make them out to be. Fortunately, we offer a safe, reliable way to brighten your smile: professional teeth whitening in Evanston! To learn more, keep reading or get in touch with our team to schedule your initial consultation.
Why Choose Winning Smile Dental Group for Teeth Whitening?
- Holistic Dentist with More Than 30 Years of Experience
- Personalized Treatment Plans to Reduce Tooth Sensitivity
- In-Office & Take-Home Teeth Whitening Options
Who Is a Good Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
Has your once-white smile begun to take on a yellow tinge? Do you struggle to confidently smile due to stubborn stains? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, then you may be a candidate for this popular cosmetic dentistry treatment! To confirm, schedule an initial consultation with our cosmetic dentist in Evanston. From there, they can take a look at your teeth and gums to ensure your candidacy. Don’t worry – even if a dental problem, like gum disease or tooth decay, initially stands in your way, they can administer the appropriate restorative care to ensure your smile goals aren’t out of reach.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
Depending on your unique dental needs and smile goals, our cosmetic dentist in Evanston will recommend one of the below teeth whitening options.
Take-Home Teeth Whitening
At-home treatments are an excellent option for those feeling concerned about the tooth sensitivity sometimes associated with in-office procedures. That’s why we offer two options for at-home whitening:
- DayWhite – This is a great option for yellow or brown teeth with sensitivity. Varying concentrations are available. Higher concentrations of hydrogen peroxide require less time wearing the tray—30 minutes to 90 minutes is the range. Optimal results can be reached within two weeks.
- NiteWhite – Ideal for yellow, brown and gray teeth, NiteWhite requires two-four hours of wearing the tray per day. Similar to DayWhite, optimal results can be reached within two weeks. Various concentrations of carbamide peroxide are the whitening agent.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
If you don’t struggle with tooth sensitivity and are looking for quicker results, then you’ll be happy to learn that we offer two in-office teeth whitening solutions as well:
- Light-Activated Zoom Treatment – Activated with the WhiteSpeed LED lamp, this treatment requires 15 minutes of prep time to protect your lips, tongue and gum tissue. Next, we will use a light-activated whitening gel (25% Hydrogen Peroxide) to blast stubborn stains. Typical results are eight shades of whitening from three-four sessions. However, results vary depending on your starting tooth shade.
- KoR Combination Whitening Treatment – KoR Whitening is specifically geared toward the patient with sensitivity and is effective against resistant stains and tetracycline-stained teeth. Because KoR whitening gels are continuously refrigerated from the time they are manufactured until we receive them, they contain no chemical stabilizer that can cause discomfort during whitening. KoR’s method utilizes in-office priming of the teeth, take-home whitening trays with gel, an in-office treatment, and another take-home treatment. This can result in up to 16 shades of lightening.
Tips for Maintaining Your Brighter Smile
Fortunately, maintaining your bright smile following your teeth whitening treatment in Evanston is easy! After all, many of the best practices we recommend are ones you should already be using to keep your smile in pristine condition. With this in mind, make sure to:
- Brush your teeth for two minutes at least twice a day.
- Floss daily and use mouthwash regularly.
- Prioritize your six-month dental checkups and cleanings.
- Limit stain-causing foods and beverages, like soda (and use a straw when you do indulge!).
- Quit poor dental habits, like smoking and consuming too much sugar.
- Get touch-up whitening treatments as needed.
Understanding the Cost of Teeth Whitening
It won’t be long into researching the cost of teeth whitening that you find there isn’t a one-size-fits-all answer. That’s because numerous factors need to be taken into account, and no two smiles are exactly the same! Don’t worry though – our team at Winning Smile Dental Group is here to make the financial component of your smile transformation stress-free as well. We encourage you to schedule a consultation so we can provide you with a price estimate, and you can read on to learn some more general information on the topic in the meantime.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Teeth Whitening
Even if two patients share the same goal (to whiten their teeth), their treatment plans won’t look the same. That’s because numerous factors need to be taken into account, including:
- How severe the dental discoloration is – Naturally, more significant stains will require a higher investment.
- If any preliminary treatments are necessary – To whiten your teeth while preserving your oral health, your teeth and gums must be in pristine condition. If tooth decay or gum disease is present, then we will need to address that first.
- The presence of restorations – Dental crowns, veneers, and other dental work cannot be whitened. To ensure your smile is uniform, we will need to match your teeth to your restorations or replace them to achieve the ideal shade.
Types of Teeth Whitening: What Do They Cost?
From professional treatments to store-bought whitening toothpastes, here is some general information about the cost of teeth whitening:
- In-office whitening – Although the price varies depending on the practice and the patient’s smile goals, this typically costs between $400 and $800.
- Take-home whitening kits – The custom trays and whitening gels usually cost a few hundred dollars.
- Store-bought whitening trays – The price will fluctuate based on the store, but they often don’t cost more than $100.
- Whitening strips, gels, and toothpastes – These range from $7 to $40.
Inexpensive Teeth Whitening vs. Professional Teeth Whitening
With whitening toothpastes costing less than $50 and professional whitening treatments costing upwards of $800, you might be tempted to opt for store-bought products. However, it’s important to consider more than just the upfront cost. Cosmetic dental treatments with our Evanston dentist consider the source of your discoloration as well as the condition of your oral health, which is crucial. All treatment plans are customized too, which means you’ll get the gorgeous results you desire while keeping your teeth healthy and minimizing sensitivity. If you’d like to learn more about the differences between the two, don’t hesitate to ask at your consultation!
Options for Making Teeth Whitening Affordable
If you are interested in a professional teeth whitening treatment but are a bit hesitant because of the cost, we encourage you to talk to our friendly team! We have multiple financial solutions available, including periodic special offers that can lower your out-of-pocket expenses significantly. We also welcome flexible financing with CareCredit, which means you won’t have to pay for your entire treatment at once. Instead, you can break down the cost of your care into manageable monthly chunks that fit your budget perfectly.