Veneers – Evanston, IL
Beautiful, Long-Lasting Solution for Erasing Dental Flaws
Whether you are struggling with a small chip or permanent discoloration, there are plenty of ways cosmetic dentistry can help you achieve your smile goals. But what if you are struggling with multiple aesthetic defects? That’s where veneers in Evanston come in! This beautiful, long-lasting solution for erasing dental flaws is extremely versatile, addressing everything from one misshaped tooth to a complete smile makeover. Sound like the smile-transforming service you’ve been looking for? Get in touch with our team today to schedule your initial consultation!
Why Choose Winning Smiles Dental Group For Veneers?
- Achieve Your Smile Goals in Just Two Visits
- Dentists with 60+ Years of Combined Experience
- Completely Customized Treatment Plans
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells that are comprised of high-quality materials, like porcelain. By attaching these stain-resistant, durable tooth enhancements to the front-facing portion of your teeth, our cosmetic dentist in Evanston can erase countless imperfections, including:
- Minor chips and cracks.
- Misshaped teeth.
- Heavy stains and discoloration.
- Small gaps.
- Slight misalignment.
The Process of Getting Veneers
Whether you are interested in fixing one tooth or undergoing a complete smile makeover, the first step of getting veneers is always the same: schedule an initial consultation. This appointment allows our team to get a better understanding of your dental needs and smile goals. Once we’ve created a custom treatment plan, we’ll prepare your teeth by removing a small layer of enamel. From there, impressions of your mouth will be taken, which the lab will use to meticulously craft your veneers to perfection. Once the shade, shape, and size match the exact specifications, you’ll return to our office to have them placed. Then, you’ll walk out of our office to show off your new and improved smile!
The Benefits of Veneers
Veneers continue to be one of the most sought-after cosmetic dentistry procedures year after year because they:
- Are stain resistant.
- Last 20+ years with proper care.
- Are extremely lifelike in look and feel.
- Are minimally invasive.
- Can address multiple dental flaws.
Maintaining Your Veneers
As mentioned above, your veneers can last over two decades if you care for them properly. The good news is that maintaining them doesn’t involve anything too extensive – your standard oral hygiene best practices do the trick! With this in mind, make sure to:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day.
- Floss daily.
- Don’t chew on ice, pen caps, and other hard items.
- Wear a mouthguard if you play sports or grind/clench your teeth.
- Visit our team every six months for a dental checkup and cleaning.
- Avoid poor dental habits, like smoking.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Veneers are an excellent way to undergo a dramatic smile makeover in a short period of time. However, they aren’t the right choice for everyone. In order to determine whether or not veneers in Evanston are the ideal cosmetic solution for you, it’s crucial that you understand their cost. By choosing a skilled dentist and investing in high-quality veneers, you can achieve a smile that is perfect for the big screen. However, they aren’t your only option. Continue reading so you can make an informed decision on the future of your smile.
Cost VS Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
For many patients, veneers seem like the perfect option at first, but you should still take a look at other cosmetic treatments to see how they would affect your smile. They all have different price points and can help patients achieve a variety of different goals. Here are just some of the more common ones:
- Invisalign – If you have alignment issues, you may find that Invisalign is the best way for you to work towards a more uniform smile and optimal oral health. This type of treatment costs several thousands of dollars, but it is highly effective for straightening teeth.
- Teeth Whitening – Professional teeth whitening is a quick solution for surface discoloration and is much more affordable than many other cosmetic options. However, it doesn’t address any cosmetic flaws other than staining. Results can last anywhere from a couple months to a few years depending on how well you care for them.
- Direct Bonding – This is a minimally invasive procedure that can be completed in a single visit. It is one of the most affordable cosmetic options out there and is great for correcting minor cosmetic flaws, like small chips and stains. Bonding can last anywhere from 3 to 10 years or even longer.
- Veneers – Veneers may not be the cheapest cosmetic service out there, but they are the easiest way to transform numerous aspects of your smile simultaneously. This includes the shape, color, and minor crookedness. The whole process can be completed in as little as two appointments and lasts up to 15 years or longer with proper maintenance.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
In the majority of cases, veneers are not covered by dental insurance. This is because they are considered to be an elective treatment. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that you are left completely on your own. We work with CareCredit, a third-party financing company that can make paying for your treatments easier by splitting your bill up into manageable monthly installments with little-to-no interest.
To learn exactly how much veneers will cost for you, schedule a consultation with us. We are looking forward to helping you achieve the smile of your dreams!
Do you have several flaws and imperfections in your teeth? Veneers are an excellent way to address them all at once. They can hide most dental problems from view and give you a smile you can confidently show off. However, before committing to treatment, it’s completely normal to have some lingering questions about it. To help you out, our team at Winning Smile Dental Group has decided to answer some frequently asked questions we receive from patients. If you’d like to speak directly with us, contact our office and schedule a consultation today!
Are Veneers Permanent?
Short answer: no, they’re technically not since they eventually require replacement. However, the process of getting veneers in Evanston is irreversible. Your dentist will file away an ultra-thin layer of enamel to ensure the veneers fit perfectly on the teeth. Unlike hair and nails, removed enamel will never grow back – your teeth will always need to be covered with veneers or crowns after they have been prepared in that way.
Is There Anything I Can’t Eat with Veneers?
After your teeth are prepared, you’ll wear temporary veneers while your permanent ones are being made. During this time, you’ll need to avoid hard foods that could break the restoration (i.e., ice, raw fruits and vegetables, candy) and sticky foods that can pull the veneers off the teeth (i.e., caramel, gummies, toffee). Although you’ll be able to enjoy most foods once your permanent veneers are in place, you must continue to exercise caution with hard, crunchy, and darkly pigmented foods. Be sure to drink alcohol sparingly as well, as it can weaken the bonding material holding your veneers in place.
Do Veneers Give You a Lisp?
When you first get veneers in Evanston, you may have trouble pronouncing certain words. But don’t worry – it’s completely normal for patients to develop a mild lisp or speech impediment. It happens because the tongue is not used to the presence of veneers when you talk. The good news is your speech will return to normal once your mouth adjusts to the restorations. You can make the lisp go away more quickly by practicing a lot or asking your dentist to reduce the thickness of the veneers in certain areas.
Is It Painful to Get Veneers?
Your mouth will be numbed with local anesthesia during veneer placement to ensure you feel comfortable throughout your procedure. However, many patients can expect to experience mild sensitivity and pain when the veneers are first attached to the teeth. It’s worth noting that the number of restorations being placed can influence the likelihood of post-treatment discomfort. For instance, two to four veneers usually cause little to no pain, while eight or more can lead to soreness in the gums and the jaw. Some people might even experience “bonding sensitivity” following their procedure, which is when a sharp pain is felt after biting into something hot or cold. Fortunately, it can be managed with pain medication and saltwater rinses.